Scope of Supply:
Turbine Generator, Main Inlet Valve, Control Panel, Installation, Commissioning, Control and Power Cabling, Building Services
The Estate had the challenge of dealing with two Local Authorities – Perth and Kinross Council above the old railway line and Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park below. Replacement of oak woodland.
Back to all case studies
- Location: St Fillans, Perthshire, Scotland
- Net Head: 177m
- Flow: 70 l/s
- Power: 100 kW
- Speed: 1500 rpm
- Turbine: 350mm P301 Single Jet Compact Pelton
- Customer: Drummond Trust
- Commissioned: June 2014
- Penstock length: 1405m
- Costs: Financed internally by the Estate
- First conception to final commissioning: 5 years
- Projected payback: 8 years.
- Civils Designer and Project Management: Campbell of Doune and Allt Energy.